Thread: Yorkie hugs arm
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
I'm sorry to tell you this. They are dominating you. They feel you are beneath them. They would never attempt this with a pack leader.

I suggest getting Cesar Milan's book, Be a pack leader". if this issue is not addressed, it could lead to many more issues.
Sorry and I know this is your opinion but I totally disagree. The dominating theory is as old as the hills and people who have spent their entire lives studying all of this will tell you these theories are no longer followed.

I have never dominated my dogs and I do not have issues with my rescue group of 6. What issues are you saying could happen. I know many, many, many breeders who do not dominate their dogs either or follow Cesar. They also do not believe in excercising dogs as much as he does (6 hrs.). They do not follow going out the door first before their dogs, they feed their dogs before they eat, they don't make their dogs have to do something before they feed them etc etc. Some of these people live with 20 dogs in their home and everyone gets along beautifully. I have seen these dogs be in a hotel room with other dogs for a dog show (intact dogs) and not have any problems. These dogs want to please their owners (watch them look up at their owners/trainers in a dog show) and they do not follow Cesar.

I have all of Cesar's books and training aids along with about 20/30 other behavorists because of being involved in rescue and trying to figure out what was going on with some of these little ones. After reading his books I came to the conclusion his theories were very old school and might be an instant fix but not long term and not for Yorkies. I want a positive experience with my dogs..not a dominating one.

In this case I would just remove the dog from my arm unless it is in a fearful situation. Many Yorkies will wrap their paws around people's arms when they are frightened...In this case I wonder how old the dog is...what is going on when this happens.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!