View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
DerbyLayne
YT Addict

Default Newly Neutered Cone Head, to go out or not to go out.

The vet told us Derby couldn't go outside for 2 weeks, but now that it's been a few days the guy is going mental in our small apartment. It really is pretty small, but he has freedom to go outside on our balcony. We normally take him for 2 big walks (or to the dog park), and now he can't. He's been in/out, in/out on the balcony. He's been standing by the door whining, crying, and barking to go out. Then he stands by the balcony door staring outside and whining. It's hard telling him to be quiet when I know he's feeling deprived/cooped up. He's like "hey man. I feel better! I know I know have a conehead, but can we just get out of this darn apt!!"

Would it be safe to take him for a short walk around the block just to get him outside? It's not like he'll be running around in the park, or playing with other dogs. He'll have his shoes on, and we'll dress him warmly. Today is a nice day, and the snow has melted- the sun is shining...

I just feel so bad for him.

Is there anything I can do? He's got the conehead on, and lost a lot of his teeth so he can't even play with his toys... It's so sad!

Last edited by DerbyLayne; 12-12-2009 at 10:20 AM.
DerbyLayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!