View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #12
Lilyshuman
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
Yes, sadly Canada has many puppymills and actually horse issues (I won't go into here) as I believe it is a means for the farmers to make $$$ just like in the states with USDA breeders. The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) does have Yorkie rescue but I believe most of it is done in the east (Toronto etc).

I think people who are not breeders or into rescue can help so much with educating themselves first and then the public whenever they can and to help pass laws for inhumane treatment of animals. I believe if you own an animal you should be doing tons of research (not just on YT or TV) but in general about your animals. Just because you do not have a problem with your dog doesn't mean you won't down the road so knowing as much as you can about animal husbandry is very important. I also think it is important to read both sides of an issue so you understand and can determine your path. I must have over 30 some books on dogs and am constantly looking things up on the internet because I enjoy it.

I do wish you luck with your path.
Thank you and you on yours
I am also a research junkie
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!