View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #9
Lilyshuman
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Yes Cindy I do believe this is true as well. It's actually the reason I selected Mia from the States. And your right that the breeders who are hiding medical issues of ANY kind should be exposed. I find in Canada the inbreeding is getting very bad and the yorkies face is starting to "smooch" in.
And like I said in my earlier comment I have been doing some serious thinking on the direction of my own breeding program.

I also think Yorkie talk and forums like it are helping to expose bad breeding practices and highlight the good ones.
It gives the regular pet buyer a little look at behind the scene.

As an example... In Calgary, where I live, we have a no kill shelter but no yorkie rescues. When I first came on here I was aware of the puppy mills but not of all the practices. Now I've stopped shopping at stores that sell live dogs or cats and started supporting smaller businesses. But the best part is that now I have the knowledge to share with others... and I do all the time.

I guess the real question is how do people that are not show breeders or breeders at all help the situation?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!