View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 03:31 AM   #14
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
You can get some puppy replacement formula from a pet store or a veterinarian. What have you been putting in the bottle? How does she act. Is she aggressive when she eats? Have you checked her mouth for a cleft pallet? If she is aggressive, and acting normally she may just be small. How does momma react to her? We need more information.
So far I have been using powdered goats milk with a dollup of Dyne to keep her energy up. When she was first born she acted just like her sister but after about 4 days I noticed she wasn't growing like her sister and started watching her more closely. She would nurse but began to seem weaker. I decided to suppliment her feedings and would still find her nursing. I had hoped she would take off and I wouldn't need to bottle feed her but it got to the point where she finally stopped nursing. Now, she is getting weaker even with the bottle feedings and she isn't wanting to eat.

Mom is taking care of her and comes to sit by me while I feed her. She sits and crys until I put the baby back. I put the baby under warm water last night, just her back half, and massaged her belly for a good long while. Afterward I sat with her under a blow dryer and still massaging her belly. She took the bottle after a while but not much. I have a heating pad half under their bed. They can get on if they are cold or move away if they get too hot. Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!