View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #15
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikitta34 View Post
What if it's an abscess? What happens if it doesn't get drained until Monday? Could it be serious? I will have to look "abscess" up in my vet book.

Oh man, now I'm second-guessing waiting until Monday. Maybe I should take her to the Korean vet tomorrow....

If you think it could be an abscess, spend some time putting hot compresses on it. It it is an abscess you should be able to get it to drain that way (and you'll know its not something else if it does that.) Have you tried calling your vet back and mentioning that is growing and you're extremely concerned?

I used to keep rats for quite a long time, so I have done the abscess & tumor thing quite a few times. If its just an abscess the worst thing that'll happen between now and monday is it'll get a bit worse and draining it will be a lot more dramatic. (If it is an abscess and fairly large you might end up having to flush it out a bit for a few days after she sees the vet.)

I've been in the exact situation you've been in (except with a different species a few times ) so if you'd like to PM me and talk about it... please feel free to do so!
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!