View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
jackson25
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemyyorkies2 View Post
Hi there,
I don't take your response as a bash at all and I do agree with you to a certain point. I feel that 4 1/2 pound doggies shouldn't be bred either if they are bred to a bigger male. The male that we use is under 3 pounds to breed her to and our vet said that was fine. If you need to call them email me and I will send you their number. I think it is a matter of opinion because my Mi Mi whom I was very careful with choosing a mate and monitored the whole time did better with her pregnancy and whelping than some of our bigger dogs do. She has had the easiest time and with our vets approval can be bred again. Again, I agree with you on that except for instances where they are bred to significantly smaller males. I feel that if there was a real issue with it then the AKC would step in and not allow dogs that size to breed. Or the vets would warn that we should never breed them that size. But our Mi Mi did fine and some people may disagree with it and you are totally intitled to your opinion, but if my vet okay's it then we will take their opinion. I didn't join this board to be ugly to people and I don't mean for it to sound that way to you or anyone else. I am sure you are a great person and have your strong opinions but it isn't very nice to say that someone isn't a reputable breeder because they took the advise of their vet and bred their female to a much smaller male.
nontheless, have a merry Christmas and Happy new year!!! best of luck with your babies, i know they must be very beautiful and am sure you love them very much!
You will find alot of reputable breeders on here that would never breed a 4lb female. I did not call you unreputable, if you are fine with breeding a 4lb female, that is your business. She is your female and you are responsible for her well being. I would never put my females in a dangerous situation.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!