View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
arporte
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Sick yorkie...vomiting

Hello all. I am new to yorkie talk and I am very surprised of all the support and help being given on this site. It's wonderful to find such caring yorkie lovers! I have a 1 1/2 year old yorkie, Tucker, who has been sick vomiting food since Saturday. It is exactly as described in the post below except we have only gotten to the stage of the Barium series, of which no blockages were found. Does anyone have any ideas what this may be? I am very concerned as he is not keeping down any food really. Please help.

Moggs
Yorkie Talk Newbie!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello to all. Thank you for your advice and concern for Boo. I am Boo Bears Mom. I took Boo to the vet on Wednesday now it is the Monday after. I finally have Boo back home but without any answers to our questions. Boo was given meds for vomitting,Science Diet I/D and xrays and was sent home last Wednesday. Thursday morning the vomitting persisted there was no liquid found in it and it was in tubular form as if it had never been digested. He continued to have normal bowel movements and urinated normally. I took him back to the vet for a Barium series. The vet thought the barium had not covered all the stomach but did completly move through the large and small intestines. Boo maintained a happy,alert,attitude and never seemed sick at all. The vet decided to keep Boo and proceed the following day with a Exploratory Laparotomy surgery to rule out there was a foreign object blocking digestion. Upon surgery remnants of small bits of rawhide chew sticks were removed but no other objects were found. He had to stay at the vets office Thursday through Monday that alone was such trauma for all of us. Tonight we have him home and he is recovering well from major surgery. The vet said he had vomitted twice today. We are waiting to find out lab results from tissue taken from Boo's stomach and intestines. So tonight the vomitting persists we are feeding small amounts of boilded egg or science diet ad. Again Boo wants to play and no confusion no other symptoms just throwing up. Please any advice?
arporte is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!