Thread: Woody or Tiger
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #38
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolos mom View Post
I am sorry, but if you are professional athelete, you are a role model, like it or not, Kids look up to you so you better live your life a little more like those that toe the line. ....And yes, they are role models...If you do not remember, Vick raised DOGS to fight and if they did not they were killed!!!!
You are right...they are veiwed as role models (by some) whether they like it or not. But their status comes as a result of their athletic abilities. Regardless to what he does within the confines of his own marriage, he is still a superb golfer. I completely agree that they are role models becaue that is how the general public chooses to view them. If people can't draw the line between admiring their athletic abilities/movie roles and what they do in their personal lives...then it seems like those people have issues as well. it's like saying that Princess Diana is to fault for her own death because it's 'just soemthing that comes with the position.'
Of course, everyone is still going to draw their own opinions about him as a person, because he IS a public figure and it HAS been aired publically. And don't get me wrong, I think it was a rather sleezeball way to go too. But to get upset and blame a celebrity because you dont' like the message that what they do in the confines of their own home sends your kids? I find that a bit hard to justify.
Of course I 'remember' what Vick did...point? I don't think anyone could ever forget that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaxtersMommy View Post
IF (and a big IF) I had kids I would teach them that their role models are their parents, their teachers, police officers, fireman, Animal rescues, chairtie workers, etc. Kids can be in awe of an athlete or rockstar, but they should be taught the difference. (just my tid bit)
Absolutely! I think the problem is that some adults have not learned how to distinguish the difference either. Parents should take a more proactive role in who their kids look up to....kids don't know any better, parents should...instead of waiting until a celeb screws up and then being upset because 'they let our kids down.' Celebs have no responsibility to make sure they are projecting the right image to our kids.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!