View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 10:37 AM   #8
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Love

Amy,

Just take it real slow with her. You might want to lay on the floor with some liver treats and talk to her in a very low voice. Just spend some quit time with her. Let her start getting comfortable with you and coming to you. She is very scared and confused just like you would be if you were pulled out of the only home you knew. I would also hold off putting any clothes on her until you earn her trust.

I have a rescue that was dumped in the desert after the breeder was done with her (we know this from when I had her spayed and my vet told me her insides were destroyed from over breeding)and it has taken me over 8 months for her to learn to trust me. She can not tolerate being around men or tennis shoes. Most of the time she was hiding in my closet. Once she was let outside she would not come back into the house and would tremble when I would go to pick her up.

Today she comes into the family room with the rest of the gang and begs to be picked up and sit on my lap. During the day she still likes to hang out in my closet and I don't push her. When we go outside she rushes to come back in with everyone. She still will run for the closet if there is a loud noise or someone is at the door but for the most part she has made a 100% turn around. She is a joy to be around and I can see a smile on her face.

With lots of love and understanding she will come to love you and trust you.

Cindy & The Gang
livingdustmops is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!