View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl3412 View Post
Sammy doesn't have pain but is only using 3 legs. She isn't using her back left leg. She had her back leg pulled way up and didn't use at all at first.Took her to vet a day after noticed she had problem he checked joints and bones all that looked ok. Gave her anti inflammatory and told us to give it a few days see if better if continues bring her back for xrays.Vet thought it could be soft tissue ( ligament/ muscle) She seems somewhat better. She is walking, running climbing stairs and jumping off most times 3 legs. She doesnt jump up on anything since injury. She is using leg more but not all the time.It's been 10 days. Vet wants me to bring her back for xrays, and full exam . He wants to put her under anesthesia , she is a year old and weighs 4lbs 7oz . Don't know what to do . I think rest might heal her but I don't know if Im making mistake. Any Thoughts????
i had this similar issue in february with my dee dee as she jumped off doggie stairs wrong. The first thing they did was xrays with no sedation. Take her to orthopedic as they have digital xrays to put on cd and they should be able to do without sedation. If nothing is broke as you need to rule this out first and vet should have done this first before just giving meds. If nothing is broke it could be acl tear but i do not recommend surgery asap as i waited 2 months of rest no jumping running etc and she is totally normal now. I consulted 2 orthopedics and a couple vets and the orthopedics said in small dogs and dd is 7lbs the scar tissue can build up a tendon in the knee creating a tendon so no need to have surgery for torn or ruptured acl. AFter two months if still lifting then surgery would be the way to go but i would give it 2 months before any surgeries but first you need to rule out a break from an xray
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!