View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #23
dwerten
BANNED!

this is so wild as i was going to post a thread for this and i see it here already. I took my dee dee to vet today for a swollen vulva she keeps licking at it so we did urinalysis and culture to lab by a free catch. I told him dd is having bouts of diarhea off and on and it is greasy like yet her blood work was totally normal in July and feb as she is gets blood work twice a year since on temarilp for allergies and he brought this up and said it runs in the breed. I told him is that the same as EPI and he said NO it is different as it is tied to the fats, etc but it runs in this breed for mid life yorkies and dee dee is 5 1/2 so he mentioned if she starts to get worse with loose stools to keep an eye on it - I thought it was still from metacam incident back in february and he said NO that was way too long ago and dogs with allergies tend to have ibd and this is tied to ibd but it is mainly diagnosed with lower proteins in the blood is when they notice it is happening but it is very common in yorkies. I have to read the thread but i thought i would post real quick what i learned today about this
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!