View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I'm sorry that you are going thru this. Hot Rod was really bad with dry skin and itching when he first came home to use. His hears were so bad that they were scaly and flaky like fish food. A vet told me that she thought he had ringworm-a whole other story, but my second and current vet recommended fish oil. I tried using it and Hot Rod got to the point he didn't like it after awhile. My vet then recommended a medicated shampoo and medicated conditioner and this has worked for him! I've laxed the past 2 times he's been bathed and I can see his skin getting dandruffy again so I think the combination of the 2 really work for him. I can give you the name of the product when I get home tonight. The shampoo is the best smelling--medicinal (he dislikes it and that's why I thought if I would switch) but the conditioner smells really, really good-cucumber and melon. yummy. I use the conditioner on Maggie as well.

I think the conditioner was like $10.00 but the bottle has lasted for over a year! at baths pretty much every 2 weeks for 2.

Last edited by Mom to Hot Rod; 12-07-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!