View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #31
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
This is what Yorkies do...they are companion animals and will move with you from room to room...for the most part...heck at my house I have a string of 6 that follow me everywhere and Moose (4#'s) controls everyone.
I couldn't agree with you more. I've had three yorkies so far for about 20 years (one for 17 years and the other two for about two and a half years) and they are all like this. When I decided to be a Yorkie's forever mom and give them their forever home, I did lots of research on what their temperments and personalities were like. It was very clear from what I read, that Yorkies get VERY attached to their human mommies and daddies. They are almost human-like in their need for affection and to be near their human parents. I knew exactly what I was getting when I first brought my precious little one home for the first time. And they never disappoint. Mine ALWAYS follow me from room to room, no matter what. I think it's very endearlng that they follow their humans around. They're not anxious, and they've never been trained that way, they just want to be near you because they love you and that love is very intense. It's what makes them a Yorkie. Quite literally, we are their world. Actually, it's why I think that most people are attracted to Yorkies, because they are so human-like. When I don't see one of my little girls, I worry about her until I can find her and make sure she is okay, as it is very unusual behavior for them not to follow from room to room. But if she's okay sleeping in another room, that's cool too. However if you don't want be stalked (LOL :-) and you are uncomfortable with your Yorkie being so needy for attention and closeness and affection, boy, have YOU got the wrong dog!!! (LOL :-) )

No, but seriously, Yorkie's really are stalkers, aren't they? Maybe we should all write a book, "How I embraced my lack of privacy and learned to love the Yorkie Stalkers" tee hee :-)
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!