Thread: Safety first...
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
Princessangela3
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Safety first...

My 18 year old son went snowboarding thursday....at 1pm he calls me from the ski resort telling me he doesnt know where he is or who he is with or how he got there. He could not tell me what happened to him because he did not know.....Eventually I talked him into giving his phone to the person standing closest to him. (THANK GOD it happened to be a ski patrol guy). My son was rushed by ambulance to the hospital. He was found to have a major concussion which caused him to lose his short term memory. My son is a good snowboarder and at the time was not doing tricks just boarding down the mountain on an easier "run". My son WAS NOT wearing a helemt. This is was the worst days of my life with regarding my son and he sperated from his friend. I can not explain the sheer terror of the phone call and then hearing the ski patrol telling me he needs to be sent to ER immediately as his condition is getting worse and then we had to drive 2.5 hours to get to him. I am just reminding all parents out there INSIST your child wears a helmet while doing dangerous sports!!! INSIST they stick together with their friends! Again thanking god, my son is okay, still has a major headache and cannot remember the day but he is alive and home. He probably would nt have had the concussion or at least not as bad had he worn the helmet and if a friend was there he would have seen the accident he would have had help sooner.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!