View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #5
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen in nj View Post
I never had Prada on the e collar, I got a pack on baby onesies and put them on her, make a little slit for the tail and keep them on, only open the snaps and roll the onesie when you take her out to do her poop run.. It worked for me and my Prada instead of that the annoying e collar, she hated it in her way home from the vet.. just make sure she does not take it off...
Well in my initial post I said how she kept peeing in it. The packs of them here were almost 10 dollars. So I had only bought one single onesie, thinking it would be fine. But the rain here we could not walk her to go potty, because it was so wet and floody in the grassy areas. We let her go on the porch, we had some wee pads there. But we also have a doggi door we can't remove, we could have covered the door somehow but we didn't know we'd run into her problem of peeing IN the onesie.

But when she did it twice, and kept moving the towel we tied in the meantime while washing the onesie, we decided that it will just be a lot less hassle to get an e-collar. But not only is it a hassle that she pees in it, but she's also getting pee on HER which means it could be getting on the incision. It's essential to not let her lick the area, at all. So these little times where she'd get at it are bad and we want to avoid that happening again.

We just don't know about how long to keep her in the collar, though.

Last edited by Lolli_lah; 12-06-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Lolli_lah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!