View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun201 View Post
Poor girl. Our vet said 10 days for the e-collar, but then admitted that they err on the side of caution. Is she trying to lick a lot? Lola hasn't shown much interest, but we've had to watch Toby very carefully. Any chance you can wrap some gauze around it to keep her away from it? It's been years since we had a female dog, but I really don't remember it being so much of a hassle!!! This is where we really earn mommy stripes, isn't it? Good luck, I'll be thinking of you sharing the fun
Yeah it has dried up outside since yesterday so I took her for a little tiny walk to go potty outside, and I took the collar off to do this. As soon as we got back inside and settled down she started licking, I caught her twice. So I put the e-collar back on immediately.

I tried wrapping a thin hand towel, I mean it's almost as thin as a thicker gauze. But she would move it aside, I can only imagine her doing the same with gauze itself. I did that at first when she first had an accident in her onesie, before we went and got an e-collar. She wants to lick that spot!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!