Thread: Crate training
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 03:10 AM   #5
flyorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019

i used the crate method but only kind of. see i used the crate only when we arent home or when my husband and i go to bed. i did this because when i first got my yorkies i was told they were fragile i had never had a small dog before. i was worried that they would get hurt. now im also a stay at home slave so im home most of the time.lol as far as training them i just stayed consistant and my large dog casey helped alot too cause she has been trained for a very long time. see i do know you want them to use there crate as a bed. they will poop in there bed unlike other dogs but if your crate is big enough then the pup should stay clean. they are supposed to think of the crate as a safty spot. so they should be able to go in and out as they please when you are home.a crate should not be used as punishment for soiling the floor most dogs arent fully trained until you pass the 1 year mark. oh and put the crate in a room with someone or a spot that the family always gathers. not int he garage or laundry room they have to be comfortable and feel like there not being seperated from the ones they love.

Last edited by flyorkies; 11-11-2005 at 03:13 AM.
flyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!