View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #39
Plumeria
Yorkie Yakker

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Hi there,
The reason ACA is not a respected registry is b/c they do not ask for proof of lineage of your dog. They do not even ask for a photo to see if your dog looks like the breed you are registering it as. All the require is payment and you get your papers. Same thing with APRI, and I'm sure there's others I am forgetting. yes, ACA has been around for a long time, but it is b/c along time ago, certain breeders were not up to par according to the AKC so they formed their OWN registry. That is basically like, if I get kicked out of a mother club, I decide I just make my own, and make my own rules, or lack thereof. Just b/c I am around for a while doesn't make me credible, understand? The amount of breeders that have been kicked out of AKC keeps growing and growing, and where do they register their dogs? Places like ACA.

Lots of us on here have dogs that are not AKC. But it is important to understand not to support these other registeries b/c it is confusing to the unaware public, who thinks papers are papers.

I understand completely. If your dog is not AKC then they are not really registered by the main dog register. If I register Jazzi with ACA then I will get papers in the mail but they are just that...papers. I won't be selling or breeding her so I probably wont be getting papers for her anyway. I won't be showing her either...somebody has already asked if he could "show" her at a dog show. I said "no thanks"....I know she is beautiful because everybody on the street stops me to look at her. She is very tiny and has a beautiful face. She is going to be six months on the sixteenth and is a little over two pounds. She is the joy of my life.
Plumeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!