Thread: Help!?!?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #14
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latoyajackson View Post
New puppy, was told I had a teacup yorkie. Very inexperienced, my first puppy. He was great the first night. But has gone down hill since. Picked him up sunday. Hasn't really been eating. Breeder sent me home with bag a of Eukunaba (Sp) didn't mention to me that he was orginally on puppy chow. Didn't eat, Tuesday, barely ate Wed, took him to vet Yesterday. They checked him and told me that he is only 4 weeks old, seperated from mom too early and that is why I am having problems. He is only 1 pound 2 ozs. I don't know what to do with him. He wont eat the puppy chow. I added water to soften it up since he has no teeth. He just wants to lay around not active at all. Please help.
The information Carmen gave you is the best. Canned Goats Milk with equal parts of Distilled water and a bit of Karo. He can lap it from a bowl at four weeks of age. If not get a pet preemie bottle and feed that way or you can attach one of the nipples to a syringe and feed him through that. Make sure he is hydrated, pull the skin on his neck and if it bounces back immediately, he's ok. If it takes a bit of time to bounce back that you need to syringe water into him. Pedialyte woud be better. Once you get him lapping on the milk, in about a week you can add a bit of Gerber's Rice Cereal to the goats milk, make it kind of soupy. By some Nutri Cal or Puppy Cal give him about a 1/2 inch morning and 1/2 inch before he goes to bed.

Another thing you can feed him is Whelping Puuding

12 oz of distilled water warmed in the Microwave,
disolve 1 envelope of unflavored geletin in the water,
add
1 12 oz can of Evaporated Milk
2 Tablespoons of Karo Syrup
2 Tablespoons of Vanila Yogurt
2 well beaten egg yolk.

Chill until firm. Spoon feed the pup this mixture or you can syringe feed him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!