Thread: Help!?!?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latoyajackson View Post
New puppy, was told I had a teacup yorkie. Very inexperienced, my first puppy. He was great the first night. But has gone down hill since. Picked him up sunday. Hasn't really been eating. Breeder sent me home with bag a of Eukunaba (Sp) didn't mention to me that he was orginally on puppy chow. Didn't eat, Tuesday, barely ate Wed, took him to vet Yesterday. They checked him and told me that he is only 4 weeks old, seperated from mom too early and that is why I am having problems. He is only 1 pound 2 ozs. I don't know what to do with him. He wont eat the puppy chow. I added water to soften it up since he has no teeth. He just wants to lay around not active at all. Please help.
That pup should be back with his mom and litter. You are very lucky he's still alive. It sounds like his blood sugar is low due to not eating so you need to get some Nutri-Cal or Karo syrup in him to get his sugar up. He should be able to eat food softened with water or with some goat's milk but his lethargy is definitely a cause for alarm. Once they get weak, as yours is, they don't have the energy to eat and can go into seizure or shock very quickly. Get some Nutri-cal or karo into that baby and then MAKE SURE he eats, even if you have to hand feed him. It doesn't matter so much what he gets, but he needs some food in him. If you have some canned food or some meat in the house you can try that but get him to eat!! If you don't have Nutri-cal, give him about 1.5 cc of karo.

Honestly, some breeders should just be scalded for the lack of concern they show for their pups. Anything for a buck....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!