Thread: ticks
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Nico29
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
We have had some pretty cold temps here and the ticks still aren't freezing and dying erg. I went to give Callie a bath last night and as I was getting her wet I noticed something close to between her shoulder blades and looked at it and it was a tick the water made him pull out so i got the whole tick and flushed him but I feel so bad because I check Callie pretty good at bedtime when I'm putting her in her nightie and I never saw or felt the tick and shes has been tired and feeling icky and sleeping a lot the last two days and I'm guessing the sucker (no pun intended) was on her for two days poor baby. Its really red looking but I watching it to see if it fades out and if it dosen't show any difference by monday I'm gonna call the vet. I was hopping to go with out treating for fleas and ticks for December and January but guess not erg.
Our vet said to give Frontline alll year. That's what we have been doing. Btw, I got a tick on me in the beginning of March this year. In CT it was absolutely freezing so I was wearing tall Ugg boots..jeans...hat...long coat...still the tick got me. I guess he was on my coat and then hopped onto my shoulder while I was taking it off. Point of this (long story--sorry) is that even in frozen conditions ticks are still around. Definitely less of them but we're not taking any chances.
Nico29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!