Thread: Home Alone Help
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
aqeuous18
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Home Alone Help

Ok, well Wookie will be 10 weeks tomorrow. Since we've had him we have only left him alone once for about 3 hours when we went to the movies. Even then we kept the lights on and both TVs on so he thought we were there lol He's such a good puppy. He rarely ever whines we he's in his pen or crate.

Right now my boyfriend only works part time in the morning. When he's not home I take Wookie with me to work and Ron comes and gets him at lunch. I'm scared to leave him home alone! We told our upstairs neighbors about him and to let us know if he ever barks or gets too loud.

Ahhh, so my question is how should I transition him to being alone for extended amounts of time? Right now it looks like the longest he would be home alone is 5 hours. Any longer and I would just take him to work. I don't think he's ready to be in the pen alone. Right now he pees and poos outside, and will pee on the potty pad in his pen. But he refuses to poo in his pen (yay). Usually when he sleeps he is in a big crate with his bed and a potty pad.

Have you hugged your groomer today?

aqeuous18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!