View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #11
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

I agree with everyone that I would add the second pup long before you have your baby. That actually could be a good idea as the dogs to tend to take second place when it comes to the needs of a newborn baby.

I had a maltese, Casper, (RIP buddy) that was my BABY until my son was born.

After that, the newborn baby took so much time (he had colick) that no matter how hard I tried - I did NOT have the same amount of time to spend with Casper. I'd bundle my baby up after work and we would take Casper for his evening walk (even in the cold) - but it still was not the same. As my son grew older - things became easier - but it's still never quite the same. You simply will not have the same amount of free time for your yorkie. Babies are a lot of work! And there is the midnight feeding and the diapers and the laundry and the doctor visits . . . . .

If your yorkie is able to bond with another pup - now - they will be great company for each other when, by necessity, much of your time will be taken away from them in caring for your newborn baby.

I was a working mom and that made things a little harder; if you are lucky enough to be a stay at home Mom - then you will have alittle more time to spend with all.

Good Luck with whatever you decide!
Ringo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!