View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
HisNameIsHarley
YT 1000 Club Member

Angry YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!! (Shih tzu)

OMG! I am sooo glad that I decided not to take the 4month old female bc I just this evening realized where the lady lives. Here's how it started.. I met a man in historic Harpers Ferry and he had the most adorable shih tzu puppy I have ever seen.. So I questioned him and he said the lady he bought her from owns a shop right up the street. So I went there and talked to her and I was promised pick of the litter when she has another one. (next fall) And she told me they were AKC registered and totally healthy and had produced 2 or 3 healthy litters already. I guess I'm a moron and just believed every word that came out of her mouth. She was offering them for $200 without papers. Well I wasn't expecting to hear back from this woman until around late summer or next fall but I got a call the other day telling me that a lady had returned a girl she had bought from her bc she had to move and her apartment didn't allow dogs. She offered her to me for $200, she was unfixed and only had 1 round of puppy shots. I called her back and she offered to meet me at a sheets near where I live and I was suprised bc she had previously told me that she lives 'up on the mountain' (where my bf's parents live) and I told her that I could come to her. She seemed kinda weird about this and offered to meet me at an elem school about half a mile from her road. I agreed to this but made her understand that I was only 'looking' at the dog and I was in no way accepting her offer yet. She told me that she would be driving a red jeep cherokee (and if she couldn't make it her daughter would be driving a black suv) and I told her I'd be driving a blue suburban. I thought and thought about it and in the end decided later that day that I'd rather not take any risks and called her back and told her I wasn't able to take her and was not interested in any future litters. She was very understanding. But tonight as my boyfriend and I were driving up to visit his parents I had a brain wave.. This is insane. The woman said she lives on Hostler rd (a road we have to take to get to will's rd) about three tenths of a mile and as I pulled onto Hostler rd I started watching my mile counter thingy ma-bobber and sure enough three tenths of a mile down hostler rd on the left was a red jeep cherokee and a black suv.. My jaw literally DROPPED! This trailor is by far the most disgusting and dirty run down piece of junk I have ever seen in my life and I've seen many. It's surrounded by built up garbage, a car that's been stripped for parts apparently and is over all 'quite yucky' in my opinion. But that in itself of course isn't enough to judge someone right? Don't judge a book by it's cover right? Well, I think it's been about 3 to 4 months ago now but one day I was on my way home for Will's house and I barely avoided hitting this horrible looking shihtzu. It didn't seem scared at all and I rolled down my window and asked a lady who lives across from the trailor if the dog was hers, she just shook her head no and pointed at the trailor with a disgusted look on her face. So I pulled into the little parking area (this place is about 2 feet from the road with no fence or tie outs) and walked up the (broken) stairs and knocked on the door. A girl a little older than me opened the door and asked what I wanted and I told her how I nearly ran over her shih tzu. I guess I expected her to be worried or concerned in some way but boy was I wrong. She opened the door, called the dog and when it came to the door she started cussing freely at the poor little dog and (I am no exaggerating in ANY way) kicked/punted the her/him across the room!!! I just stared at her for a second and then bolted. I was totally disgusted and promised myself that if I saw the dog again out wandering that I would pick him/her up and put her in a rescue. (it had no collar or tags) I know that is illegal but so is animal abuse/cruelty and I know it would be nearly impossible to get that poor dog (and any others) out of that house through the police, humane society or animal control etc. But I have not seen the dog out since then. I am soooo glad that I decided not to take this dog and I cannot believe that I almost fell for something this horrible. Can you guys seriously believe this??
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!