View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
TammyJM
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyshuman View Post
I am trying to decide if we should actually buy a stud or just pay stud fees. I was wondering if any of you experienced in this area could give me the pro's and cons.

I am worried about a stud in the house, will he be a part of the family? I've heard so many bad stories but wanted to know from those who deal with it first hand.

Thanks a bunch!
I have heard some bad stories as well, but my Huckleberry is a doll and is absolutely a part of our family! I am sure the situation with him is not the "norm" because is is EXTREMELY easy-going and never barks at anything....EVER!! So he does not do anything that was mentioned (excpet for marking). Livi was just in heat and after breeding them, I kept them seperated. My poor guy had to stay in the xpen during these weeks, but he did not once bark, pace, whine....not a peep out of him! But like I said, this is just his nature....very very very passive!!!! He does mark, though, and there is nothing fun about that. He has a gorgeous steel blue and gold silky coat, but I have to keep it cut because he has to always wear a wrap. He is constantly marking (although, not too bad when Livi is not in heat)....he gets a ton of baths and the pad in his wrap has to be changed quite often. You may already know this, but I didn't when I bought a stud....their marking smell is awful....when his marking is at the most, he literally stinks like a skunk! These are the not so fun things that people should probably know. I would not give him up for the world, but I do think that it is work to keep up with all that goes along with owning a stud (and I would consider Huckleberry easy as far it goes).

Tammy
TammyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!