View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

You really do have to go outside with her to watch and make sure you SEE her peeing/pooping. When she goes, PRAISE and treat! She has NO idea that she's doing something good/bad when she potties. If you're outside with her for 10 minutes and still no potty... bring her inside and put her in a crate where she can't pee. I got Jackson as a young pup in December and it was freezing... so if he decided not to pee, he'd go inside and right back in his crate so I know he wouldn't go on the floor. He'd usually whine 10 minutes later... so we try it again and he'd go. Then he got his play-time outside of the crate. Eventually, he associated going potty outside with coming inside for playtime. It's a lot of hard work when they're puppies but it gets better! It's a matter of being diligent, having lots of patience and getting them on a schedule. That first month, I tried to not even ALLOW an accident... I did this by watching him like a hawk when he was not crated or in his ex-pen. When I couldn't keep my total attention on him... in the crate or pen he went. Don't give freedom because they will put their smells all over your house and never stop going.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!