Thread: Teacup yorkies
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 AM   #35
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yor-Key 2 Luv View Post
Are you speaking from experience? That is such a ridiculous statement. I have owned very small Yorkies for thirty five years and they have lived to be a ripe age and very healthy. I have six Yorkies and one Maltese and they are all very small and knock on wood healthy with no health issues. That being said, there is no such thing as a tea cup. No, I am not a breeder and have never been.
Agreed.

I for one breed for standard, however, every once a while a wee one will present itself or an oversized one.

There may be health issues in every sized yorkie. But, not just because they are small. It has to do with genetics and making sure breeders are breeding for health and not breeding tinies to fulfill a pet market. Putting wee ones at risk in breeding them on purpose.

The word TEACUP is an advertising ploy used by disreputable breeders as an advertising ploy to obtain more money from the unsuspecting, unknowledgeable buyer. Where a reputable breeder would never sell a wee one, they are either kept or "placed", not sold in an approved home that is familiar with caring for a wee one and well aware that they may incurr vet bills. Though the health risks may be minimal, a reputable breeder doesn't sell heartache.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!