View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl3412 View Post
Sammy doesn't have pain but is only using 3 legs. She isn't using her back left leg. She had her back leg pulled way up and didn't use at all at first.Took her to vet a day after noticed she had problem he checked joints and bones all that looked ok. Gave her anti inflammatory and told us to give it a few days see if better if continues bring her back for xrays.Vet thought it could be soft tissue ( ligament/ muscle) She seems somewhat better. She is walking, running climbing stairs and jumping off most times 3 legs. She doesnt jump up on anything since injury. She is using leg more but not all the time.It's been 10 days. Vet wants me to bring her back for xrays, and full exam . He wants to put her under anesthesia , she is a year old and weighs 4lbs 7oz . Don't know what to do . I think rest might heal her but I don't know if Im making mistake. Any Thoughts????
First of all, Hi and welcome to YT. You will learn a lot on here.

You might want to make sure that your vet is well versed in the care of the little ones. Not all are.

Could be a luxating patella (lp)or something else. If it is lp, make get better as she gets older. Unfortunately, until you take xrays, it will be kinda hard to determine what it could be. It could be a number of things and I would not spend the energy on the what if's as it will only drive you crazy. Just keep an eye on your little one and maybe keep a log of what she does when and how so you can show this to the vet. Good luck and let us know how she is doing.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!