View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Default Update on grooming apprentice!

Just wanted to let those interested know that I did start apprenticing, today in fact was my first day!

I decided those people from craigslist weren't the right choice and I kept looking. I stumbled upon some website, I can't remember exactly it might have been something like petgroomerads.com or something, and I was looking to see if anyone posted in my area and someone had, only it was posted in September.

I emailed her anyway asking if she could help and if not, if she knows anyone I might try calling. And she wanted to help, so I volunteer my time as she just hired an apprentice from that ad. But there are no strings (as in I don't have to work off any weird amounts of money) and the people are really nice!

She is even wanting me to bring my little girl in and we will groom her together so I can know how to do yorkie specifics, and on my own dog. Free of charge! That's pretty neato.

I go in again on Friday and then from there I think we will be discussing something more long term. These 2 days this week are kind of a trial to be sure it's something I 100% want to do and can handle (it is a lot of work and very hairy so no allergies).

I'm excited! I actually got to do grooming already though. I was clipping with electric clippers and brushing and bathing and drying. They shape the actual hair/fur cuts with scissors. It's pretty aweeeesome!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!