View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #20
shyorkies
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
This is what I learned from Johnny Robinson of Trivar fame....there is a big difference between a show potential pup and a show quality pup?

Many times people say they have a show "quality", when they actual mean a show "potential"..a potential is just that, one who has the potential to show, but may not develop into a show dog for many reasons.

A show quality is one who is actually ring ready and ready to win...I think these terms have been forgotten or misused in the last 10 years. Breeders advertize show quality and the pup is 4 or 12 months, but not ring ready, age, coat or training-wise. It is actually a "potential"..I know I am nit picking, but at one time it was important.
You are exactly right! I see many ads for SHOW QUALITY when the pups are only 8 weeks old and I just laugh.. But the sad part about that is alot of people fall for that because they are so desperate to have so-called show quality.. I have bought from show/breeders here in the US and I have been very lucky, except for two times..

The only reason that I have imported is a certain line I LOVE and I cannot buy that here in the US..

Melanie
shyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!