View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 06:08 AM   #1
peggato
Yorkie Yakker

Default Need advice on transporting yorkie from boston to fla

Hello YTer's!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday

I need advice, suggestions and definitely some of your experiences regarding transporting my yorkie from Boston to Florida.

I am moving to Florida on January 2nd. Traveling with him on the plane under the seat in front of me will not be an option as I think he would flip out being under the seat. He is a barker and when he's unhappy he is nonstop. . .someone mentioned sedating him, however, that makes me nervous. Would I be better off using a pet transportation company who handles the trip in it's entirety? Has anyone ever used a Pet transportation company? One in particular picks your dog up at your house, transports them to the departure airport, he is met at the destination airport and then delivered to my home? I am not sure how much that costs, I just asked for a quote. But again, I would like to know if anyone has used this type of service.

I would love to hear from others who have travelled with their babies. . .I am so nervous and want this to be an "easy" experience for him. Barclay is approximately 8lbs, so I know he would fit under the seat on the plane, I am just worried that he will disrupt the other passengers on the plane.

Any suggestions or experiences are most welcome. Thank you all!

As ususal, this community is the BEST. . .Happy Sunday
peggato is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!