View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:34 AM   #1
Hedley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Wont eat the Chappie now!! Wants Kibble!

After frequent bouts of diarrhoea, we found that Chappie suited Hedley our pup. (By the way he is being monitored by the vet, has been wormed, faecal samples have been sent off etc. ) For those of you not in the know, Chappie is quite a basic canned food from the UK but it has a reputation for being good for sensitive digestions. We were relieved to find something that suited him and he ate it at first but I think he is sick of it and likes the crunch of the kibble.

Yesterday he went under the fence and tried to steal next doors dogs Baker's complete yuk. A couple of days ago he managed to raid a bag of kibble I put down on the kitchen floor whilst I was tidying. The following dried foods he will eat but they give him loose poops: James Wellbeloved Duck & Rice Puppy, Arden Grange Puppy, Burns Mini bites. Pero puppy gave him green stools but they were mostly formed. Plain cooked chicken with rice made his diarrhoea extremely runny. I am trying very gradually to introduce Wafcol salmon and potato, just putting one or two kibbles in his chappie, but he takes these out, eats them, and looks for more. I have also had to stop rawhide chews but fish jerky doesnt cause upset.

So there is one tinned food that suits him, which he is ignoring. Chappie, which is fish based. But he seems to want to eat kibble which makes him loose. He also likes to chew. I have absolutely no idea where to go next!!! Today I have put him back on the chappie but just put a tablespoon at a time in his bowl. He had a little at breakfast, but wont touch his lunch. I dont really need you to suggest another make of food (unless it is fabulous at making dogs constipated). I just dont know what to do next. The vet says just continue with the chappie or try James Wellbeloved again. He is lively and happy by the way. What to do?

Also how many poops a day should he have? He seems to do a lot.
Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!