Thread: Hello, new here
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #1
br1ttan1h
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Hello, new here

After years of watching my children grow and years of wanting a Yorkie we have taken the next step. Before even finding a breeder we searched local shelters to no avail. So then I found this site a few weeks ago and while I always knew I would never buy from a pet store it was hard to tell myself a breeder would be ok. SO, we finally found a breeder with the help of this site to know who def. not to use and we found our new addition. She is in my avatar and is 5 weeks old there and about 1lb 5 ozs. She is growing like a weed and we can not wait to get her, which will still be a long while, but that is OK. We originally wanted a smaller dog but once reading here, I wanted one a bit larger to hopefully avoid problems the smaller ones have. Her parents are on site and are both right at 5 lbs maybe a tad heavier the female but not 6 lbs. I think my little girl will be closer to 6-7 lb range according to the growth chart maybe even larger and that is just super fine to me as long as she is healthy.
Thanks to this site I have found out the foods to try for her, what to have ready, and what I may need to do to care for her. We have a vet prepared and pet insurance info out the ying yang LOL. Of course the breeder has already given me info on what I need but it is nice to have so much info to back her. HOnestly, I have seen far to many people go into getting a pet so blindly and being shocked when they get them home that I did not want that for us. Better to research ahead of time and not be shocked once they get here right?
br1ttan1h is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!