Thread: Fits of fear.
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
Rumble-Pig
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Fits of fear.

Hi Friends.

In the last year or so, our totally pampered six year old male purebred yorkie named Sid has been suffering occasional fits of extreme fear or nervousness that can last from an hour or two up to twentyfour hours. Wife and I try our best to comfort him during these spells, but after holding him for a minute or so, he'll just bolt. Sometimes he runs endless laps around our recliner like he has a stuck wide open throttle, other times he trembles in absolute terror. We feel so bad for him when this happens. We are powerless to soothe him. We have no idea what starts it or what ends it. Vet advised us to cut sweets from his diet.....no change. Any ideas? We'd be very grateful for any info. We love Sid so much and we are in torment that we may have done something wrong or somehow provided an unhealthy environment for him. We just don't know. He was fine for his first five years.

Thank you friends.

Relavant info:
Sid lives with my wife and I. He is NOT fixed. He's 6-1/2 years old. We have no kids and no other pets until a stray cat decided to live with us about two months ago. Sid lives indoors and for all intents and purposes, he's a member of our family. He sleeps in our bed, he eats mostly what we eat. We spend lots of time with him and we talk to him and play with him a lot. He has every kind of toy and sees the vet regularly. He weighs 5-1/2 pounds. He's extremely onery (borderline unruly sometimes) and expressive and possessive. He has always seemed extremely happy. He still does, except during these curious spells.
Rumble-Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!