View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
The problem is that they are too close in age and getting two puppies at just about the same time gives a lot of headaches. You aren't going to know who is doing what for potty training etc and yes they can become aggressive with each other, especially too young boys.
What a horrible breeder to put this on you. You are not the breeder, the breeder is the one responsible for finding homes for puppies. Obviously the breeder does not have the best interest for her puppies in mind. If she did, she would not have done this instead she would be giving a loving home to the pup still for sale until the right home comes along instead of trying to unload him cheap.
Having said all that, I will caution you, it possibly may work out but most of the time, two puppies at the same time doesn't. Then what would you do?
If you want second one, wait until the first is close to a year old.
I think you're reading into things too much. They expressed interest in this dog - but he was already "taken" by someone else. I see nothing wrong with said breeder contacting them and asking if they were possibly still interested when they first potential owners bailed out.

She lowered the price because he's older - and bigger which we all know a lot of today's market doesn't want.

Personally OP, I think if you're up for the "challenge" of potty training two... go for it! You do have the slight issue of "not knowing who did what" but you really can't punish a dog for something they may no longer be aware of/aren't in the process of doing so that can be a bit of a moot point. They already know each other which means you won't have such big introduction issues...

You may have some tumbles because they are both boys, but unless you're playing on not neutering I don't really think you're going to have any serious problems.
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!