View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy925 View Post
My little guy (3 months old) is very quiet except when he can't see me. I may give up on the bed thing, as I don't mind him being there, but as soon as I go out of sight, even in the shower, he goes nuts.

What do I do? My concern is if I have to leave him in a pen when I go out the neighbors are going to give me hell. He only barks when I put him in his crate or when he can't see me. He's socializing well and doesn't bark at other dogs or people or kids.

I've only had him 3 days, and I've never had a dog before so I'm a "real" newbie.

Welcome to YT and Yorkies!!

He is still a veeeery young pup. If you think of it this way you will better understand his behavior:
He was just recently taken from all he has known in his little life (from mommy and littermates) and he is in a new and strange new world. You have become his everything, he depends on you to teach him, guide him, and be there for him.
Once he gets comfortable in his new home and with the knowledge that you are not leaving him every time you go out the room, or the door, and that you will come back, he will settle down.
Puppyhood won't last forever, enjoy it and the chance to learn right along with him!!

Also, I would recommend starting him in a good puppy kindergarten training class, call around and see if you can find one that has a trainer experienced with very small breeed puppies. Or perhaps you have a friend or family that has used someone that they would highly recommend. It is a good bonding time between you and your baby, and a great way to start the training process.
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!