View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
NikkiSpice2
Yorkie Yakker

Default afraid of children!

My puppy is now almost 7 months old and I am and have been trying hard to socialize her and have her see everything/get used to things so she will be comfortable. Unfortunately I may have made a mistake. I took her around my niece and nephew when she was little so that she would be used to kids. Everything was fine at first but then things went bad. My nephew who is 7 has ADHD and can be a bit of a bad kid (for lack of a better word). Stella did fine at first but then my nephew started torturing her. he would try to scare her...he would throw things at her and jump in front of her and yell. I would tell him to stop but he didnt. My puppy was afraid and now she cowers in front of him and it seems now she is afraid of all children!!! Any child that comes up to her she will hide behind me and try to run from them. I try to get her to sit when we come across a child that wants to pet her but she wants to run away if they come too close. Any suggestions on what to do? I do not want to take her around my nephew anymore and do not have any other kids in the family. I dont want her to be afraid of kids. Has anyone had experience with this? She will not bite at them or growl...she is just very afraid and timid. I feel so bad I inadvertently caused her fear
NikkiSpice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!