View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Default Sorry, last post.

Also, to add some perspective... if you read the comments on the video, there are comments from Chinese residents who say that this isn't something that is served in China purposefully. This particular incident is an accident and the people filming the video are surprised by the fact that the fish is still alive (I don't actually know, I didn't watch it). In China they serve the fish fresh which means when you order it, you pick it out and they kill it and serve it. Not really any different than buying fish at the grocery store. Just because it's packaged nicely doesn't mean you aren't eating an animal that was killed.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with this AT ALL. I'm just saying that this was probably an isolated incident and is getting a lot of bad media which equals hysteria and a misinformed public. The way animals we eat are treated is an atrocity and this really is no different. SO if you are appalled by this, I suggest you do some research on the food here in our lovely country and maybe re-evaluate what you eat.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!