View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Owned by Fiona
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Dog in shelter over holiday!

I had to leave for a few minutes this afternoon and when I came home there was a message on my machine from the local animal shelter. The lady said that a dog was there that had "returned to me". I do have a few dogs from years back that had new owners and one that went missing. The one that was missing we think was killed by other dogs near our house. This is gross but we think we found his skull later. I keep in touch with all the owners of the other dogs that I have had to give up for varies reasons but 2 (there are 4 in the last 10 years). One we got about 8 years ago. He was a Weinarimer (not sure how to spell that). My husband got him after our mixed dog Cher died of old age. I was so upset he went and financed Sampson for me! I am allergic to dogs like him (he didn't know) and after a few weeks we had to give him to a friend of ours. The other was about 2 years ago when I decided to get a small dog. I bought a black and white Shih-poo from a lady that said she had no money to pay her electric bill and had to sell her pets. It turned out that maggie was not a full bred Shih-poo (I know that is a mix but I am not supposed to be allergic to either) and I had to find her a new home too. The new owner sent me pictures for a while but then stopped. Sampson was micro chipped but Maggie was not. The shelter is closed and I can't talk to anyone until Friday afternoon. Please pray that what ever dog is there will make it till I can get there to get him/her! I wish there was something I could do now!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!