View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
LittleC982
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Fear Aggression towards other dogs

I have a 8 mos old Yorkie pup, Bella. Recently, I brought Bella to a friend's house for a doggie play date and she was scared to death. The other dogs were small terrier breeds. Bella was so scared she would not leave my sight. If the other dogs came up to her, she would show her teeth and give a quick sharp snap. She never actually touches the other dogs or bites them, but I just can not tolerate this behavior. Also, she is scared to death of new people. She just shakes. I have two other pets at home. A 5 yr old Golden Retriever and a 7 yr old cat. Bella gets along with them and plays very well with them. She played with my neighbor's dogs over the summer, outdoors when the weather was nice and never was aggressive towards them. She had never shown aggressive behavior towards people, only dogs.

Another thing I noticed is that if Bella does not want to be bothered by my other dog, she will give a quick snap too. The other day Bella was trying to sleep next to me on the couch, my other dog came to say hi to me, nowehere near Bella and she snapped.

Any advice out there is greatly appreciated.
LittleC982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!