View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #26
randiik
Senior Yorkie Talker

i am caring for my AAI baby at home.. she has cage rest and i hand feed her and when she drinks i hold the bowl up to her so she doesnt have to bend her neck to drink or eat. she gets her meds 2x daily though a syringe.. i put her in a soft cage and she has a neck collar on her to keep her neck stable... i made the collar myself from a elbow brace that i cut off the hard part and i wrap it around her neck and use the velcro to close it.. i put a ace bandage underneath to keep it from rubbing on her.. i can stick my finger down inside to make sure it is not to tight.

she is getting better and wanting to play but i have to make sure she doesnt get to rough.. cant have her moving around to much.. lots of love and i hold her in my arms when i am at home... i never leave her in the playpen when i am not at home.. she has soft bed cage that she stays in when i am at work.

she is much much better but will not be well until i can get her surgery. if your puppy has the AAI and you can afford the surgery then make sure the doctor that does it has done it before. it is not a regular operation and needs a specailist to do it.

when i am at home and need to do stuff around the house i put her in the playpen so that she isnt cooped up but still protected. the playpen is also soft and i am getting baby bumpers to put inside tomorrow. (mom has them in the attic and its thanksgiving so i will be over there).

lots of love and dedication to her care is the way roriee has gotten better.. YT has helped soooo much with information, support and everything.. i would not have made it without YT community..

i hope that helps some.. this is just what i am doing for home care. it might not fit your situation but if it helps at all then thats good

everyone here is much more experienced then i am but this is what i am doing..

good luck with your baby and my prayers are with you!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!