Thread: bark bark bark
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyyorkie View Post
I know exactly what you mean. With my five, when someone comes to the door or when we get home after work, you would think you're were at the local dog pound! LOl. I have one that is 7 months old and barks at the wind, rain, ghosts, etc. As soon as he barks, the other four run over to him and also start barking although they have no idea why or what they're barking at. I have found a squirt bottle with water works wonders. As soon as Peanut or any of the others start up for no reason, they get a squirt of water, right in the kisser! I do not squirt them for barking at the doorbell, UPS man etc. But I will squirt if they bark when they hear the neighbors talking or kids playing, wind chimes blowing etc.
Agree! Jackson's an "only" dog at our "main" house and the only barking he really does is when someone comes to the door but it's easy to get him to stop. When we visit over at my dad's house for a few nights, he has 2 other dogs... it's so much more difficult to control because when one barks, the others follow! Yikes! The spray bottle does work wonders over there.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!