View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:08 PM   #10
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyorkies
I am having a time trying to decide if I want to dock the tails on my two new imported females I purchased for show.. Alot of show breeders are telling me to dock their tails because most of the judges do NOT like a full tail.. I am having a problem with them being put under to dock their tails at their ages (DOB 7/9/05 & 7/23/05), but if I am going to dock their tails it does need to be done now.. I would like to know your opinions on this subject..

Thanks..
Melanie

With all of your years of experience breeding and showing and your contacts in the show world I am amazed that you would post this question. If you plan to show the females you know what the answer is. With your past work experience of working at the vet's office you know the dangers of docking tails at a later date and the discomfort that it causes the pupppies.

That is one of the pitfalls that one encounters with some imports- buyers need to ask to make sure the tails have been docked on the puppies to avoid this mess. That bargain puppy that is cheaper to import ends up not to be such a bargain.

Kathy
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!