Thread: Shampoo
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I follow the bottle instructions, but you need to remember a good lather is not a sign that the product is cleaning, a good lather just means that the product will be harder to rinse out. If you leave shampoo in the hair, it may irritate skin and it will attract oil and dirt faster, so just because there are not lots of suds, don't think it isn't cleaning. Same with detergents that clean clothes, low suds are better, but people psychologically want high suds.

This! Lathering really isn't a sign of a good clean, lathering has everything to do with ingredients added (a type of sulfate usually.) These sulfates are actually quite irritating depending on the concentration added, so in many ways... the less lather you have to get the clean you want the better. Its the reason that a lot of the biogroom products don't lather so much... they're gentler.

Psychologically we expect it to suds, but it doesn't necessarily have to and in a lot of dog shampoos less lather is better.

When I use biogroom I dilute it to 4 to 1, and I've never had a problem at getting Winston clean - IMO it does work better the more you dilute it.
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!