View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #9
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispersmom2
Kathy, I start vaccines at 8 weeks and do not allow anyone in to visit the babies til they are 12 weeks old. That is just a visit; nothing obligatory.. I am comfortable interviewing and evaluating and selecting new parents for my fur children. There have been more than a few who did not meet my standards and I tell them so and why. I probably don't measure up for some who want to look..

I start shots at 6 weeks and do them every three weeks until 15 weeks of age. If I have a client who has been waiting on acertain puppy I will allow them to see thier kid and take pictures of that baby. I think that all of us who breed have turned down someone who wanted to adopt a baby because it was not a good match. That is just part of the adoption process.

Do not assume that just beacuse you have breed two Champions you are going to produce Champions. You look at the pedigrees and hope that mother genetics gives you a thumbs up but does not always work. There are going to be more then likely companion puppies in every litter you produce. May be just some tiny little thing that makes them a no go for showing or breeding.

Kathy
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!