Thread: Shampoo
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #6
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I follow the bottle instructions, but you need to remember a good lather is not a sign that the product is cleaning, a good lather just means that the product will be harder to rinse out. If you leave shampoo in the hair, it may irritate skin and it will attract oil and dirt faster, so just because there are not lots of suds, don't think it isn't cleaning. Same with detergents that clean clothes, low suds are better, but people psychologically want high suds.
This is what I've heard as well. Some of the lower quality brands put an additive to make it more bubbly, thus making the user think it is cleansing more, but I think it actually makes it harsher on the skin.

I have diluted the biogroom samples to 4:1 and yes it is thin. But what I've done is put the mixture in a small water bottle, and i put my thumb covering almost the entire mouth of the bottle and shake it onto Uni's hair. Just a couple of shakes does the job.

I would also like to say Uni is straching about 80% less than she was before. I think coupled with the better food and better products, she may well be on her way to better hair!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!