View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 06:25 AM   #42
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Alison wasn't really asking for a discussion, she was really asking for meal tips ...so she may want her thread closed. But, I thought I'd address a few points until we hear from her....

So, are you saying that if someone who doesn't eat meat, but wears leather shoes - is doing something empirically *wrong*? That, her "vegetarianism" is then "negated" for some reason?

If yes, then to me, that's like saying - "well, yeah you drive a Prius, but you don't recycle a thing, so I don't think you care about the environment at all and your efforts w/ the Prius really don't count". I actually don't feel black and white about things like that - and I like to applaud people for whatever efforts feel right and meaningful for them, at any given time, for whatever reason. Doing 1 small thing for a "greater good", does not mean that person should be expected to do EVERY little small thing as well, less they be judged, ya know? A good thing is a good thing, let them have it and let them feel good about it.

I don't think we have to "accept" how anything is done in this world just because it is done that way...especially when it comes to other living creatures who are really at *our* mercy.

In my opinion, the worst fate an animal can have is to be treated cruelly.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!