View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
michiko
The Yorkie Sitter
Donating Member

Default Contacting Breeders

Before I start, I want to let you know how much I appreciate this site. This is really helpful. I have met (not in person just yet) wonderful people who are supportive and giving me great advice. So thank you and thank you and thank you.

I also want to say that I have contacted fabulous breeders who are on Yorkietalk. I have contacted a few of them. They have been wonderful. And I am feeling that I would rather be on the waiting list of YT members than local breeders.

Anyway.. let me tell you... (I hope she doesn't read the post here though...) I contacted a local breeder... She is about 40 minutes to 1 HR away. So I emailed her at first because I have my accent.. Then ... she didn't want to some of my questions. How bigs are sir and dam, Deposit, Price Range, and color of yorkies... etc.. So she asked me to call. We did some phone tags but didn't get to talk. SO I finally got her on the phone. So I started asking her questions. She says that because of their dogs are championline and show dogs, they are 2100-2400. I was kinda.. ahhh.. it is a bit off from my budget. 2000 and up is a bit tough for me at least. But I am thinking about any possibility because this is a big decision I am gonna make. So I need to find one that is going to be for me. Anyway.. then I asked her if she shows her dogs before puppies were born. Like myself, I want to see parents and meet the breeder before I decide whom I want to buy a yorkie from if possible. She is pretty close to me. And I am not looking for a puppy until spring, so that is what i asked. So i said "I don't do that. My yorkies are championline and it tells you all. And my dogs are popular so I don't really have time to show them to people. When the puppies are born and after 5 weeks old, if people want to see it, they can." Well.. it is hard to tell you.. but at this point.. the conversation just blew me away. I mean.. 2100-2400.. That is a big money... So I think.. she is OUT..

It seems there are much nicer and better breeders on Yorkietalk.. Even those breeders are far from me, I would like to look into the option more. I am waiting for some people to respond to some of my questions (wink wink).. then.. hopefully I will put myself on some waiting list.. soon.

Wish me luck,

Michiko
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!