View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Omg Thor is going bald!

Hi, everyone. I have been super-busy at work and haven't been posting here recently. I also haven't been taking Thor out very much. He goes to doggy daycare 2x / week, and I play with him inside, but I haven't been taking him out running in the park for an hour 5x / week, the way he is used to.

I noticed over the past few weeks that he is scratching like crazy, especially on one side. It got to the point where I was brushing out matts 1 or 2 x/day. He doesn't have any visible pests, and there's been no change in his diet. He has been getting treats at doggy daycare, but I checked that they don't contain corn, and they are a nice, healthy brand, the same kind used at my rescue (name is escaping me). The daycare lady also said that Thor is not scratching at daycare, which suggests it's a nervous habit.

Anyway, I was brushing him last night, and he's scratched out a huge patch of hair on his right side! It looks terrible, like a comb over for dogs. Basically, I think I need to make a bigger effort to get him out and about, but I wanted to check that this isn't a sign of some horrible disease. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks in advance.
QuickSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!